International Animation Day
International Animation Day honors the artists, researchers, and technicians behind animated art on October 28th. It's also a day to celebrate all aspects of animation.
Artists are creating animation when artists manipulate drawings to appear as moving pictures. Cartoons and other forms of entertainment have been used for more than 100 years to produce cartoons and other forms of entertainment. Artists and technicians have created various forms of animation over the years.
Animation styles are used in various animation styles
- Traditional or 2D Animation: Flat characters and environments are used in 2D animation, one of the most popular animation artforms, 2D animation uses flat characters and environments. 2D animation needed the use of meticulously hand-drawn frames before digital cameras and advanced techniques were introduced, and 2D animation needed the use of precise hand-drawn frames. This could take a long time, as you can imagine. Mickey Mouse, which Walt Disney created in 1937, is an example of 2D animation
- 3D Animation: This kind of animation uses the art of motion to create animations that make characters appear more realistic. This kind of animation got off in the 1970s with the support of computers. 3D animation became extremely popular in the 1990s thanks to special software. Toy Story, The Terminator, and Jurassic Park were among the most popular 3D animation films to use 3D animation during the decade
- Stop Motion Animation: This kind of animation is made by stringing together photos of still objects in a specific sequence. The collection of photographs contributes to the illusion of movement. Stop motion animation is also one of the oldest known forms of animation. Chicken Run and The Nightmare Before Christmas are two modern examples of stop motion animated films
- Animation: Animated text in movies, televisions, and other aspects of media often use animated text in their introductions or credits. Moving text can be reduced, expand, or morph into another form by typing typography animation. Typography animation allows text to shrink, expand, or morph into another form. You get a sense of what typography animation looks like if you think of the Star Wars' intro
Rotoscope, motion capture, electromechanical, and claymation are all typical animation techniques.
How to celebrate #internationalanimationday
On this day, animation companies, groups, and individuals hold a variety of activities. Animated film screenings, art exhibits, animation demonstrations, and workshops are among the events that include animated film screenings, animation displays, and workshops. To participate: To participate: To participate: To participate: You must register:
- Learn more about the various types of animations
- Learn about famous animators, including Walt Disney, John Lasseter, Chuck Jones, Ub Iwerks, and Tex Avery
- Watch some of the best-grossing animated films of all time, such as The Incredibles, Kung Fu Panda, Finding Nemo, The Lion King, or Frozen
#InternationalAnimationDay on social media, post your favorite animated video or movie on social media with #InternationalAnimationDay.
History of the international animation day has spanned decades
In 2002, the International Animated Film Association established International Animation Day. They chose October 28th to celebrate Theatre Optique, the first public performance of animation, on October 28th. The moving picture device used in the animated performance was invented by Charles-Emile Reynaud. In 1892, the Theatre Optique de La Grevin Museum in Paris held its first performance.