Pans/pandas Awareness Day
Nearly 1 in 200 children in the United States are diagnosed with Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndromes (PANS) and Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Related to Streptococcal Infections (PANDAS). PANS/PANDAS Awareness Day, October 9th, aims to increase research, education, and assistance to those affected by the disease.
Following a strep, bacterial, or viral infection, symptoms of PANS and PANDAS appear quickly. These are the signs of:: The symptoms include::
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is a sudden onset of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Skills are losing, which is a deterioration of skills
- People are starting to avoid foods and becoming more selective in the foods they will eat, which they will eat
- At school, students' academic success was reduced, which was reflected in lower academic achievement
- Touch and sound are both tactile and vocal, and hearing is highly sensitive to touch and sound
- sleep changes
- Uncontrolled movement of uncontrolled movement are uncontrolled
- Rheumatic pain
PANDAS is often misdiagnosed. The signs can decrease or remit. However, relapse is increasing in duration and severity as time goes on. Repeat infections and environmental triggers are two of the relapse causes of relapse. Early diagnosis can result in long-term remission.
Antibiotics, intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg), and plasmapheresis are among other drugs used in other therapies.
To improve early diagnosis and treatment, early diagnosis and treatment must be improved. More research is required. Doctors will also be aided in understanding the condition by research that will help physicians better understand it. PANDAS Awareness Day encourages people to learn more about the condition, recognize the signs, and assist families with a loved one diagnosed with PANDAS.
Pans pandas awareness Day is the day when pans pandas are aware
There are several ways to promote the cause: There are several ways to help the cause.
- Speak to your state legislators to urge the proclamation of PANS/PANDAS Awareness Day. Many states have already declared the day
- Make a donation to fund research
- PANDAS' experiences are shared here
- For more information about PANDAS, the work being done, and how to support, visit pandasnetwork.org for more details
To post on social media, use the hashtag #PANSPANDASAwarenessDay.
Pans pandas awareness day is the first day in history
The PANDA Network was founded by several parents and doctors in 2009. PANDAS Awareness Day was launched by the group in an effort to help families living with PANDAS.