World Tourism Day
On September 27th, World Tourism Day shines a spotlight on tourism's benefits. Tourism adds economic value to communities while also adding economic value, political, and cultural value to destinations. In essence, tourism helps all countries to ensure a prosperous future.
Tourism is a big industry. Tourism contributed $8.8 trillion dollars to the global economy in 2018. Over the past two years, travel and tourism have been the second-fastest growing market in the world. The tourism industry also added 319 million jobs. Despite the number of jobs that tourism brings, there is still work to do. According to industry experts, tourism can create even more jobs, particularly for women, youth, and people in rural areas.
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the UN's body's department, hopes to implement programs that will help promote sustainable tourism by the year 2030. Tourism will create jobs and promote local cultures and products in turn.
How to commemorate #worldtourismday by a #worldtourismday celebration
In a host country each year, a World Tourism Day celebration is held. This includes video lectures, speeches by senior officials, a display of national tourism awards, and panel discussions. International visitors are also on special tours. India, Egypt, China, Ghana, and Peru are among the recent host countries to have included India, Egypt, Egypt, China, Ghana, and Peru. Free admission to amusement parks and cultural venues is included in other activities.
Other ways to participate include:: Here are some other ways to participate:
- You should visit the research countries that you would like to visit
- Learn more about the world's most visited countries. Learn more about the top destinations. China, Italy, Mexico, Turkey, Turkey, and Thailand are among them
- Perhaps you want to help increase tourism in countries that don't get as many visitors. Madagascar, Antigua, Montserrat, and Tonga are among the countries listed below
- Plan a dream vacation
- For those that are less sure about traveling, learn about other cultures. Research is a key role in the tourism industry
Visit a museum or historic landmark in your neighborhood that you haven't been to before. Whatever you do, post #WorldTourismDay on social media.
The history of world tourism day has long been documented by history
The UNWTO decided to establish World Tourism Day in 1979 during a session in Spain. On September 27th, 1980, the first official observance was held. The date commemorated the adoption of the UNWTO Statutes, an event that occurred in 1970.
Each year, World Tourism Day takes place in a period when tourism is on millions of people's minds. Although the tourism season is winding down in the Northern Hemisphere, in the Southern Hemisphere, it's just getting off.
Some of the recent World Tourism Day's key themes include:: Some of the new themes for World Tourism Day include::
- Tourism and Jobs: A better future for all. 2019: Tourism and Jobs: A better future for all
- Tourism and the Digital Transformation in 2018: Tourism and the Digital Transformation
- Sustainable Tourism, a development aid, 2017: Sustainable Tourism – a tool for growth
- Accessible Tourism in 2016: Accessible Tourism in 2016