National One-hit Wonder Day
National One-Hit Wonder Day, on September 25th, brings back memories while also raising the volume. We salute all the musical artists and chart-topping songs that make them memorable.
These songs make us sing whether we should or not. Even though we don't know why, we know all the terms even though we don't know why. They're the songs groups of friends that will burst out in chorus together and make memories, too. Movie soundtracks are adored by movie fans. They are adored at wedding receptions. They're all adore them!
The true kicker is that the artists or groups made us swoon only once. They faded away after that. Some continued with modest success. Some, on the other hand, were never heard of again, musically.
Listed below are just a few of the well-known one-hit wonders from days gone by.
- The Penguins' "Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)" in 1955 – "Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)" by The Penguins
- Dave Dudley's "Six Days on the Road" by 1963 – "Six Days on the Road" by Dave Dudley
- Tiny Tim Tims' "Tip Toe Thru The Tulips" in 1968 – "Tip Toe Thru The Tulips" by Tiny Timing
- The Flying Machine's 1969 – "Smile a Little Smile for Me" by The Flying Machine
- The Original Caste's "One Tin Soldier" in 1970 – "One Tin Soldier" by The Original Caste
- Frijid Pink's "The House of the Rising Sun" in 1970 – "The House of the Rising Sun" by Frijid Pink – "The House of the Rising Sun" by Frijid Pink
- Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen's 1972 – "Hot Rod Lincoln" by Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen
- "Puttin' on the Ritz" by Taco in 1983 – "Puttin' on the Ritz" by Taco
- Bobby McFerrinn's 1988 – "Don't Worry Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin – "Don't Worry Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin
Does any of these bring back memories?
HOW TO OBSERVE ONE HIT WONDER DAY ONE HIT WONDER DAY ONE HIT WONDER DAY. How many one-hit wonders can you name? Do you know the name and artist of the musician? These ten One Hit Wonders That Last The Test of Time While you're browsing your playlists, check out these ten One Hit Wonders That Lasts The Test of Time. To post on social media, use the hashtag #OneHitWonderDay.
History has a one-hit wonder day in the United States
The source of this musical holiday is still searching for the origins of this musical holiday.
One-hit wonder FAQ
Q. Is one-hit wonders limited to music?
A. No. A. No. A. No. Almost every area of achievement is a "one-hit wonder." A one-hit wonder may be an athlete with a singularly good season but no one repeats it. The term may also refer to movies, books, and products. If they only produce one hit film or television show, the actors and directors of film may be deemed one-hit wonders. The same holds true for writers. Businesses that make it big off of one inspiring product may never produce another profitable product or fail to develop their company into long-term success.
Is there such a thing as a two-hit wonder?
Yes, but they don't appear to get as much credit as their cousin with one hit. Some even took a decade or more to produce the wildly popular second hit. Does that make them a one-hit wonder?