National Raspberries N’ Cream Day
On August 7th, enjoy fresh berries in cream during National Raspberries N' Cream Day. What better way to celebrate than with this simple and delicious dish as the raspberry season is in full swing.
Rasberry pickings are on the calendar for several days. Last week, we just celebrated National Raspberry Cake Day. On that page alone, there are three delectable recipes to try.
Raspberry berries were a midsummer crop at one time. However, new technology, cultivars, and transportation make it possible to enjoy these sweet berries year after year. Raspberry growers now have an extended selling season as a result of these new technologies.
Did you know?
- There are more than 200 species of raspberries
- Scotland is awash in raspberries. Raspberries are adored for their fertile, well-drained soils
- However, Russia exports the world's largest raspberries, yielding 120,000 tons per year
- In addition to red, raspberries also come in purple, gold, and black shades
- Raspberry raspberries don't ripen off the shrub like other fruit, unlike other fruit. If picked green, the raspberry will not sweeten or soften, if picked green
How to celebrate national raspberries n' cream day is a mystery
Explore recipes for raspberries that are in season. Raspberry raspberries can be enjoyed in so many ways. Preserving them in jams and jellies is just one way. Ice cream is another delectable treat this time of year. Baked goods are always a family favorite, as well.
However, eating berries fresh off the tree is one of the best pleasures around. On a summer day, visit a pick-your-own farm and taste the warm, juicy berries popping in your mouth.
Please enjoy this Raspberry Cream Layer Cake Recipe.
Use #RaspberriesNCreamDay to post on social media and spread the word.
National raspberries n' cream day history - history of national raspberries n' cream day
We haven't decided on the sources of Raspberries N' Cream Day, but we haven't decided.