International Self Care Day
Every year on July 24th, International Self Care Day promotes self-care as a vital component of health. People around the world are also urged to prioritize self-care and make it a part of their lifestyle.
You are practicing self-care when you take care of yourself in order to stay healthy. Taking care of yourself: physically, mentally, and emotionally. Staying well includes taking care of yourself. For those, self-care also includes taking care of themselves spiritually. So what does self-care look like? It could be as simple as having some quiet time each day. At least once a week, some people may have coffee with a friend.
Here are some other examples of self-care::
- Having a regular sleep schedule helps with insomnia
- Maintaining a healthy weight helps maintain a healthy body
- Keeping a reflective journal is a good start
- Practicing gratitude
- Getting a massage
- Listening to relaxing music is similar to listening to de-escalating music
- Reading a good book
- Learning to say no
- When necessary, request for assistance when needed
Some people are also focusing on other aspects of self-care. For example, financial self-care involves paying bills on time and putting money into savings. Environmental self-care includes monitoring time on social media and decluttering your house.
One is sure to reap the benefits no matter what kind of self-care one follows, one is guaranteed to reap the rewards. The two key benefits of having a cleaner mind and body are a healthier mind and body. Other benefits of self-care include being less rushed and being less cluttered. Caregivers are particularly vulnerable to self-care. A caregiver can pour all of their time and resources into another individual. Doing so eventually takes its toll. "You can't pour from an empty cup," the saying goes. "Take care of yourself first."
#internationalselfcareday is a worldwide self-care day that should be tracked by everyone
Self-care events are being held around the world on this day. Australia, Canada, Kenya, Mexico, South Korea, South Korea, Tanzania, the United States, and Vietnam are among the countries that have participated in the past. Poster design competitions, concerts, public lectures, and sponsored public walks are among the self-care initiatives that promote self-care services. To participate: To participate: To participate: To participate: You must register:
- Come up with a list of ways to practice self-care throughout the year
- ]If you know a full-time caregiver, take them out for coffee
- Learn more about the numerous benefits of self-care
- Read a book to help guide you on your self-care journey, such as Matt Haig's The Comfort Book, Shannon Kaiser's Self-Love Experiment, or Brene Brown's Braving the Wilderness
- "Beyond the To-Do List" or "The Chasing Joy Podcast" are two self-care podcasts that include "Beyond the To-Do List" or "The Chasing Joy Podcast"
#InternationalSelfCareDay is a hashtag that people use on social media to promote self-care.
History of an international self-care day has spanned history
This day in 2011, the International Self-Care Foundation (IFS) was established in 2011. The IFS is a charity headquartered in the United Kingdom with a global focus. They believe that a healthy society begins when each individual first takes care of themselves.