National Cheer Up The Lonely Day
On National Cheer Up the Lonely Day, people from around the country make a special effort to give someone a lift on National Cheer Up the Lonely Day each year.
If you know someone who is lonely or going through a difficult period, be a shining spot in their life with a little more care today. If their loneliness is owing to health problems, financial reasons, grief due to loss, or personal reasons, loneliness can be overwhelming. Use this day to remind those people in your life who need a little extra love and care. Your little act of kindness can make a huge difference to them. One word or special consideration may lighten their world at just the right time.
We are all lonely from time to time. The gift of companionship and assistance when we least expect it will not solve our problems, but it does help, a little.
The bleakness of national cheer up the lonely national cheer up the lonely national cheer up the lonely
While visiting may be the number one thing to do on this day, here are a few other suggestions to try: Although visiting may be the most popular thing to do on this day, here are a few other suggestions to try:
- To an elderly friend, give a few extra magazines
- They're going to watch a movie with them and then serve some freshly popped popcorn
- Read a book out loud to your neighbor
- Make a playlist with inspirational songs
- They're going to go for a walk with them
- Mail a sweet or funny card
- Bake one of their favorite foods
- On the phone, call and visit can be made
- Every day, email funny jokes to encourage them to laugh
- Play a board game
- Go for a drive
- Play 20 questions
- Watch funny YouTube videos
To post on social media, use the hashtag #CheerUpTheLonelyDay.
The national cheer up the bleak day in history's bleak day
Francis Pesek of Detroit, Michigan, was born this day, according to our study. He "was a quiet, kind, and generous man with a heart of gold," L.J. Pesek's daughter says. "It's been suggested to him as a way of promoting kindness toward those who were lonely or forgotten as shut-ins or nursing homes." Mr. Pesek's birthday was July 10th.